Re: Front brakes question

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 12:38:36 EDT

They are just slip-on once you get the caliper off. Snip those little
retaining washers off the studs; they're just there to hold things during
assembly.

My father replaced the rotors on his '00 Durango a month ago and had a lot
of trouble pulling the old ones as well. In his case, it was because his
trailer brake controller had failed, and he had to haul the whole rig down
to a stop with just the truck's brakes. Warped the rotors real good, and
really sealed them to the hubs. Big prybar finally got them loose.

""Mark Haney"" <mphaney@attbi.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to get the front rotors off my 2000 CC 4X4, so I can get them
cut
> (or replaced, depending on how bad they're warped), but I'm not having
much
> luck at the moment...
>
> The guy down at my parts shop says they're the slip on type (this is a
REAL