RE: Re: RE: Oil & Filters - FRAN Oil Filters

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 15:30:05 EDT

I tried this on a Toyota Starlet for 80,000 miles. Bought it brand new and
drove it during the GAS CRISIS (hahaahha-what crisis!). Sold the car to a
guy 7 years later with 82,XXX miles and he took it to the Toyota dealer to
have an engine diagnostics done on it. He brought it back and complained
that the Fran was not approved by Toyota and the guys at the dealership
remove it for him. He showed me the sheet showing the compression check on
all cylinders show almost no wear or tear.

Hmm..."WHAT AN IDOT."

The guys at the dealership must of laughed at him after collecting the Fran
filter as he droved off.

I should of remove it. At least I sold the car for half what I bought it
for in Hawaii.

Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA