re:95 Dakota Spring Questions

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 19:43:36 EDT

I put a set of Hellwig 2 piece helper springs on the rear of my '95 to
raise the rear of the truck back to level with my fiberglass camper top and
for towing ( before I got a weight distributing hitch ) - you can adjust
them for as much or little lift you need. With the towing package and
heavy duty springs I ordered it with, it's real stiff.. Maybe you can find
find a used Dak with HD springs.

Victor Williams
Marietta GA
95 CC 5.2. 5 Sp. Jacobs Ign ,Jardine Catback,K&N dropin - 222k miles.

>Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:35:32 EDT
>From: B1LLYW@aol.com
>Subject: DML: 95 Dakota Spring Questions
>The continuing saga of my Dad's 95 Dakota. He doesn't want to lower or
lift
>the truck but he does want to replace the springs front and rear because
they
>are pretty shot. He'd like to replace them with something stiffer than
stock
>to improve the handling.
>
>So doesn anyone know if you can buy stiffer coil springs and stiffer leaf
>springs, at stock height? If not, how about a custom spring shop?
Thanks.