Got a Little Dirt!

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 01:46:50 EDT

Well, You might be surprised what the 04 Dakota will have to offer!

I've been hearing that the 04 Dakota/ Durango will be wider from my uncle
who works in the OEM parts business. His business supplies clutches to part
stores, and the auto makers give all the parts guys a heads up on future
models so they can keep stuff on hand.

So, we have a good idea where things are going!

DC has been looking for some beefier drivetrain components for quite some
time, especially for HEMI applications. And, supposedly Dana has been
working on the bigger frame for over 6 months. If DC is pushing the HEMI
stuff like it appears, the Dakota is a prime target since the viper engine
might be a tad too much for the Dakotas.

Also, Velo already has some clutches in production for HEMI applications.
These clutches are sold to DC and packaged as Mopar performance clutches.
DC was planning on selling a HEMI kit for the Dakota, but I'm not sure where
that's landing.

I have a feeling DC wants to put out something that will be faster than a
FORD (found on road DEAD) Lightning. The Ram with a viper engine is their
starting point.

I doubt they will end there.

It sounds like they have the resources available now to start 04 production
on one bad a$$ Dakota. Only time will tell.

Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadriplegic"
ghedlin@theramp.net (business)
ragingquad@yahoo.com (personal)