Re: Dash gone nuts - no bus? Need help fast!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 09:18:35 EDT

At 08:26 AM 6/8/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for all the ideas guys. It'll take me a while to search
>the truck for them. In the meantime, is it safe to drive the truck?
>I'll just have to move with traffic since I don't know how fast I'm
>going, and keep the tank topped off, but other than that?

I wouldn't exactly use the word 'safe' but, knowing how you
maintain your truck, the odds are with you that no major
problems will happen with your truck.

I drove for more than a few months or so with the '96 MP PCM
(power gain is seductive :-0 ). As a matter of fact, I just finished
driving with the '96 MP PCM a week or so while testing my ported
heads.

Staying within speed limit is no problem as long there are
others ahead of you ... it's when you're the only one on the
road and you have nothing to use as a reference. An aftermarket
tach, certainly helped me by using rpms as a speed indicator.

The other nagging concern is, as you mentioned, how much gas
do I have left. I did run out of gas once going up the Skyway bridge
at Hamilton (a kind Ford pickup driver -- who would have thought --: 0
-- drove me a couple of miles to nearest phone).

One plus (at least on my '97) is that your odometer readout (may be
different for '98 and up) is now frozen in time for the time being : -)

Bob