Dak is fixed!

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 16:45:31 EDT

Hey gang,

you may or may not have noticed I have been laying low for the last couple
of days. After all the bazillion posts about my truck over the last couple
of weeks, how could you not?!

I got my truck back from Dayton Andrews in Clearwater on Thursday, and they
said they thought they had fixed it with the re-crimp of the coil connector,
since the truck had not acted up since they did that. During the following
day though, they checked several TSB's and some other connections that they
thought might have been the culprit. I didn't want to jump up and down and
say the Dak was fixed until I was confident that it was. Well, three days
and 350 miles have passed, and my pickup did not hickup! Cool part is, the
dealer didn't charge me anything for the work.

So, if any of you Tampa Bay guys are looking for a dealership whose shop you
can trust, I'd recommend Dayton Andrews on Gulf to Bay in Clearwater.
They're actually a Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep dealer, but they have all the test
equipment for Dodges too. Tony Marinari is the service writer that I dealt
with, and he was a real cool guy. They also quoted me a hell of a price on
a Mopar PCM! That's next on the list! Also, they didn't even say a word
about the headers/cat back or the K+N GenI clone I've got. Dealers back in
Texas used to act like that stuff caused all the problems!

I had two places turn me down for work here in the Clearwater/Tampa area
because they were Chry/Ply/Jeep only, and said they didn't have the right
stuff to work on my Dak. That may just be blowing smoke, but that's what
they told me.

Anyhow, I just put some ProBlend in a tank of high test, and I've been out
having fun!

Thanks to everyone who offered help here... when you've got fresh ideas
coming to you, it sure helps you narrow down the problem. Also thanks Mike
Clark for posting the jpg's of the FSM for me!

Later gang,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport