Re: RE: turbo ?? couple of questions...

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 20:05:41 EDT

> where it compresses a portion of the engine's
> exhaust and re "injects" it back into the engine where it is reused for the
> combustion process.
Nope. It uses the exhaust to spin the impeller that compresses the incoming
air and THAT is what goes into the cylinder. The exhaust continues out the
tailpipe.
There is an intake side and exhaust side to a turbo, and the two should
never meet. When they do, you have problems.
I have one from my old Volvo 744 next to me.
Hmm....I wonder if I could adapt it to the Dak.....

Jon
STL MO