Re: Re: New to DML, hope to enjoy some info sharing

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 07:02:40 EDT

Hey Gary,
      Morning and thanks for the warm welcome. When I installed the
Tornado, it arrived via UPS at about 7PM on Friday night. I called the
company tech support because the one I received wasn't the one the web site
spec'd for my Dak. They said they had found that the one they sent me was
actually a better fit. They also told me to disregard the installation
instructionsand to remove the air hose from the TB side of the air horn and
install it there instead of putting it in the end closest to the air filter
box. It took about 5 min to install and that included getting out and
putting away the tools. I left for North Carolina at 4:30 AM the next
morning. I drove from Delaware halfway across Virginia before I got gas and
I checked the mileage. About 22.5 mpg. Filled up, drove to Mount Airy, ran
around town, left for home the next morning and didn't stop for gas till I
hit Natural Bridge. Checked the mileage, I had 294 miles, took 12 gallons
to top off the tank. I was shocked. Before I installed the Tornado, I never
could go more then about 275 miles without holding my breath to see if I
was gonna make to the gas station. Now 6 months later, I can drive to and
from work for 3 days before I need a fill up. And thats still running about
70. On a side note, I saw a GEN III Dak on my way in to work this morning
and I think he had the V6. Anyway, I did see he had dual exhaust and the
pipe were angled out behind the wheels, like the ones I want for my truck.
Any idea who might make them as a bolt on? Or do you think I'm gonna have
to go to a custom shop and get the pipes custom bent? Anyway, Catch ya
later,

Ray