trans cooler quick disconnect

From: David Margrave (davidma@eskimo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 16:36:19 EDT

I just finished replacing the radiator in my '95 dakota. I went with an
aftermarket radiator because $450 for a new stock plastic radiator is
beyond all semblance of sanity.. Everything seems to be fine except one
of the trans cooler quick disconnect fittings at the radiator is dripping
just a bit. It's just tiny amount of drippage but I'd still like to fix
it. I went to the local dodge parts dept and asked for the 'plastic quick
disconnect clip that fits between the rubber trans cooler hose and the
nipple on the radiator'. They say that they no longer use that style, and
showed me the new hose fitting that has metal quick-disconnect clips
integrated into it. Now I don't want to go that route, because it would
entail either installing a whole new hose, or modifying the existing hose
and and crimping on this new fitting. I don't have the crimping tool. I
just need the lousy $.05 plastic clip that works with the old-style hose
fitting.

It's getting to be more and more of a pain to keep this thing stock. I
can't be the only person who has encountered this before, and there's no
way I'm going to pay the exorbitant prices for a whole new hose assembly
when all I need is the little clip. Nor do I like the idea of scrounging
through the 'HELP!' parts section of the local discount chain for a part
that the dodge dealer can't supply, but oh well.

Dave