Re: Removing Factory Hangers

From: Martin Nowak (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 20:37:37 EDT

Eric,
I was in the same boat about 3 weeks ago. Front was dropped 3" for a week.
I found a local shop that specializes in spring repair (leaf, coil, etc.)
mostly on large trucks like dumptrucks.
To make a long story short it cost me $200 to have the shop do it. They
torched the old rivits off, cleaned up the frame (from the metal bits) And
put the new brackets on. $160 was labor $40 was for grade 8 bolts, nuts, and
washers.

I would not do it myself as it will take forever to get it done. It took the
shop about 4 hours, maybe 3 if it would have been non stop (had lunch
somewhere in there)

Just make sure you use grade 8 bolts (very hard) and take it to a place that
specializes in rear suspensions, then if anything goes wrong, then they will
fix it. And $200 ain't bad.

I can send pics of my WC 3/5 drop with R/T wheels and 275/40/17 tires on my
98 CC Green Dak.

Marty