Re: Re: DML SR-71 Aircraft

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 21:05:37 EDT

> The Streak Eagle was a specially
> prepared flight test aircraft and was never a service aircraft and was
> donated to the USAF mueseum in Dec 1980.
You are correct. I've looked at and touched that aircraft at Wright-Pat.
Boy, is it different than a service craft. that one was built just for
flight testing. My friend who was the SR wrench was on the M-D flight line
here in STL for a while and can tell you lots about it.
All the other SR stuff you are correct on also, and has been covered here,
but it's good to get another source.

OB DAK CONTENT Too humid to start doing any painting on the Dak today-rain
on and off all day. Even primer takes a long time to dry.

Jon
STL MO