Re: Space Shuttle Origin

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 11:06:01 EDT

The shuttle received a very large amount of it's original research data from
the X-23 (1966), X-24A (1969) and B (1973) projects. The X-20 is also very
interesting, but never flew. I remember seeing a 3/4 (?) scale model built
of the shuttle which was used for low level flight testing, but cannot find
a link to it. Here is a brief chronolgy of the shuttle's history.
http://history.nasa.gov/sts1/pdfs/msfc.pdf

John