Re: PCM question

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 14:45:11 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/2002 2:43:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ejerman69@hotmail.com writes:

<<Ok,
  I keep seeing posts on here about a 3.91 gear upgrade...and from what I
understand going from 15" to 18" rims will cause a change in gear ratio...do
I also need to reset my PCM and if so, how do I do this? Will that correct
the difference in my speedo?
Eric Jerman>>

Changing rim size does not change gear ratio (final drive ratio) in and of
itself. Gear ratio is dependent on the diameter of the tire. If you had 15
rims and went to 18" rims but in a low profile tire your overall diameter
might stay the same.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

'02 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's w/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II