RE: Re: RE: PCM question

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 16:19:14 EDT

Use the tire and wheel calculator to calculate the differences between 2
tires at
http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

The 245 has a circumference of 80.79 inches.
The 235 has a circumference of 90.72 inches.
The 255 has a circumference of 88.13 inches.

I don't recall the tires that your Dak was delivered with. If it had the
15x7 wheels then it was the 235's. If it was the 15x8 wheels then it was
the 255's. If it was the 255's then most likely you will not be able to
reprogram to a smaller circumference. Unless the RT tires are smaller.

You went to a smaller circumference tire from stock. This would cause your
speedo to give you a reading that is faster than your actual speed.
changing from the 255's, if your speedo is now giving you a reading of 71
mph, you are actually only going 65 mph.