Bedliner Lesson (was bedliner question)

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 12:44:11 EDT

   Well I learned my lesson the hard way about drop-in bedliners, especially
the over-the-rail style. I took it out the other day and now I have more
scratches than I did before, especially on the outside of the bed!!!! The
inside was already messed up so I'm not worried about that, BUT the
scratches that are on the body are bad. I now have a new 'body line' running
down both sides of my bed at the top. I don't think even rubbing compound
will take them out. The only consolation is that at least I didn't have to
buy the bedliner, and I guess I am used to learning things the hard way! At
least the mildewy smell is gone!!
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>