RE: 1997 thru 1999 Dodge Rams and Dakota Suffer Paint Problems?

From: Tim Althoff (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 12:26:34 EDT

don't think so but I'm having the same problem! my clear coat is lifting
off the truck/paint is fading really bad!

I'm in the middle of fighting with the dealer as we speak. they won't let
me talk to a regional rep! I'm calling again this afternoon and will rip
them a new whole! if I don't talk to a regional rep I'm just going to file
my suite against them. This has been going on for over a month.

email me some info about your truck date of purchase, miles, damage, how
much an estimate was?

I bought mine in march on 99. it currently has 41K miles but noticed about
37-38K. the top of my bed rails/tailgate the clear coat has literally came
completely off in some areas. the rest is almost a complete white. the hood
and roof are much better but you can still see some slight signs of the
clear coat lifting. I'm fighting for the entire truck to be repainted at
the shop of my choice. as for the estimate...the body shop wanted me to
wait till I find out what dodge was going to offer. how much would a
complete repaint be for a RC?

Tim Althoff
99 V6 RC 5-speed SY
http://www.yllwdkta.com