RE: ProComp Shocks

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 10:07:12 EDT

Matt,

I installed them on my 98 CC 4x2 last month. So far no problems with the
stock bolts. Did both bolts break off at the heads? One thing I noticed is
that the cross bar that goes thorough the eye of the shock tube is a little
shorter than the one on the stock shocks. This causes the cross bar to not
be perfectly centered when the 2 bolts are tightened. Could the cross bar
not being centered between the 2 mounting bolts cause extra stress on the
bolt heads?

Where you able to tighten the upper nut on the front shock to the factory
recommended torque specification? I tried when I installed them but the
rubber grommets where flatten out down to about a quarter inch and still
didn't reach the torque setting.

I find the ES9000's to be stiffer than the stock shocks as I now feel every
expansion joint on a stretch of highway that I didn't notice prior to the
swap.

Ken