RE: shock update this is funny

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 10:28:56 EDT

Replace the entire lower control arm just to replace one or two bolts?
That's crazy! They should at least attempt to use an extractor to remove
the remaining bolt. They aren't torqued very high and shouldn't be frozen
since you have been replacing them. The worse is probably drilling out
what's still left and retapping the nut to accept another bolt. Or just
using a new nut and lock washer above the one that is welded to the control
arm if there is room for it.