Re: ProComp Shocks

From: Vic (ib4x4@satx.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 17:46:51 EDT

I am running Trailmaster Invader N7 shocks on my truck which are also real
stiff. For about the first 6 months everything was cool, then I noticed one
of my lower shock bolts had worked itself loose. It didn't break, but was
just sitting in the shock loose. I put some threadlock and retightened it,
but a week later I had lost it. I bought another from the dealer, and that
one broke within a couple of weeks. Then I got a third bolt from the dealer
and used a heavy duty threadlock for suspension parts. Now the bolt has
been in there for a couple of months with no problem. I think if the bolt
works itself out a little, the shock may apply downforce at the end of the
bolt creating more torque on the bolt than if the bolt was tight.