Re: 15x7 Durango Wheels

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 22:56:35 EDT

> I just put a set of 99' Durango 15x7 wheels on my 93 2 wheel drive dak and
> the control arm rubs! Onlt think I can thinj of doing is shaveing the
> control arm a hair or get longer wheel studs and use a wheel spacer. I know
> guys put r/t wheels on Gen II's so whats up with 15x7 not fitting?
I had the same problem with the wheel weights hitting the control arms when
turning. A fender washer on each stud and a 3# hammer and a file did the
trick. Easy with the hammer-just deform the "lip" on the control arm.
What kind of tires are you using? I spooned on some 235/75-15 BFG A/Ts. Only
an occasional slight rub at full lock-sometimes, and I still haven't found
where it's rubbing. I suspect the tread is contacting the fender flare.

HTH

Jon
STL MO