Re: Re: RE: Missing/Rough Running

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 06:56:03 EDT

> >Life was good, truck running great, ran from
> >Louisville to St. Louis and
> >back then started on down to S. Georgia. I got
> >around Atlanta when she
> >started running rough, sounds like it's missing! My
> >mileage went from 18.5
> >to 14.5. I made it back home but the ole girl ain't
> >happy!

This sounds very familar. I had a similar experience with my 98 3.9L It
would start bucking, missing, running rough, and acting like it was either
starved for fuel or choked nearly to death. I hit the clutch and stomped
the gas to blow it out and it ran better for a bit then started doing the
same thing again. I put some Heet, dry gas in the tank and that helped it a
little but not much. I got a can of fuel injector cleaner, I used Pennzoil
The Outlaw, and the problem cleared right up. Don't know if it will help
your problem, but it can't hurt.

Ray

Dover, De