re:Subject: 15x7 Durango Wheels

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 08:16:55 EDT

Corey,

I've got a '94 with the same type wheels. My driver's side control arm was
the one rubbing. The shop I was at did not recommend using spacers,
although I've read plenty of guys use them. The weird part is, I've emailed
a few guys on the list that are running 15x7's and 15x8's with no rubbing.
(At least that's what they claim!)

Two things that I did to help:
1. Use tape weights on the insides of the wheels instead of your standard
balancing weights on the back side of the wheel.

2. Grind the control arm where it's rubbing. Where you are grinding is not
a stress area, so you shouldn't lose any strength. (At least that's what
the shop guy told me). It doesn't take much grinding to get the clearance
you need. Maybe an 8th of an inch, I'd guess.

Hope that helps ya!
Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport