RE: Changing Plugs on 4.7

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 14:13:12 EDT

Ok...now that was funny. Way-to-go Ray.

--------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)

From: raymond.irons@gm.com [mailto:raymond.irons@gm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 11:00 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Changing Plugs on 4.7

>Make sure to lube the coil "O" rings with boot lube & anti-seize on plug
>threads.

Tech Tip: A long time ago in a land far away, I used to be a lowly USAF Jet
Engine Mechanic. One of the things I still remember is that you always, no
matter what, put anti-seize compound on threaded fitting exposed to heat. I
haven't bought any molybdenum for a long time, but I do recall that as a
substitute anti-sieze, we could use (don't laugh) liquid milk of magnesia.
True. It is an anti-sieze and readily available and most of all
inexpensive. Just brush a little on the threads being careful not to get
any on the electrode.

Ray
Dover, DE

(can I fit a jet engine in the bed of a Dak? Hmmmmmmmmm, could be!)