RE: Changing Spark Plugs

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 15:00:05 EDT

I've changed the plugs on my truck several times in it's 87K miles. If you
think the Dak is bad, try doing a 3rd or 4th gen F-body.

Seriously, the 98 5.2 is pretty easy. I use two extensions, one at a time
for different plugs. No swivel head. It's not easy to remove a broken plug
if you still have the heat shields in place, but it's still easier than an
F-body. The last time I did a plug change, start to finish was about 15
minutes.

BTW, I'm 6'1" 240lbs and have big hands. And, as stated by several others,
remove the plug heat shields. All they do is catch dirt so it can fall into
the cylinder as soon as you pull the plug.

John
http://jdneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html