RE: New tire sizes

From: Carter, Brian (brian.carter@texian.org)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 02:32:19 EDT

OK, using an old archived post, I think I figured it out:

31 x 10.5 R15 is about 266.7/76.2/R15

2x + 15 = 31
2x=31 - 15
2x=16
x=16/2=8 (sidewall height in inches)
covert to mm 8 * 25.4 = 203.2

z / 25.4 = 10.5
z = 10.5 * 25.4
z = 266.7 (section width)

x / z = 203.2 / 266.7 = .762 (section height ratio)

Based on an earlier discussion about maximum tire size, I think the 31 /
10.5 R15s are the biggest that will not rub under full compression. Oh
well, I guess I have to wait for a suspension lift kit.

Thanks,
BTC