Question about front Plates - Could People in Nevada please reply

From: C. Philip Cutler II (cpcii@lvcm.com)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 22:12:26 EDT

I just got a ticket for not having a plate on the front bumper of my 92 Dak.
I just have one question? Where am I to mount it? There is one small hole
on my CHROME bumper, and it's just a hole not a mounting bracket or place
for a single screw to go in to. Have any of you drilled holes in your front
bumper to mount a plate? I am going to fight this. I have had the truck
for 9 years and received many a ticket for heavy foot but never for this and
all the cops have seen this before, a couple have asked and I explained they
looked and said "yeah where could you mount it? oh well" and didn't give me
a ticket. Find below the Nevada law about license plates. IT says nothing
about where it is mounted on the front of the vehicle, just that it must be
there. I have mine in the window cause it's the only place it will be
"secure" on the front of the vehicle and visible. Where am I going to put
it, strap it to my grill?

Thanks...

Philip
92 CC 4x4 Colorado Red, No mods and NO MOUNTED Front License plate.

Nevada Revised Statutes 482.275 License plates: Display.

      1. The license plates for a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle,
power cycle or motor vehicle being transported by a licensed vehicle
transporter must be attached thereto, one in the front and the other in the
rear. The license plate issued for all other vehicles required to be
registered must be attached to the rear of the vehicle. The license plates
must be so displayed during the current calendar year or registration
period.

      2. Every license plate must at all times be securely fastened to the
vehicle to which it is assigned so as to prevent the plate from swinging and
at a height not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the
bottom of such plate, in a place and position to be clearly visible, and
must be maintained free from foreign materials and in a condition to be
clearly legible.

      3. Any license plate which is issued to a vehicle transporter or a
dealer, rebuilder or manufacturer may be attached to a vehicle owned or
controlled by that person by a secure means. No license plate may be
displayed loosely in the window or by any other unsecured method in any
motor vehicle.

      [13:202:1931; 1931 NCL § 4435.12]—(NRS A 1959, 863; 1963, 1127; 1969,
686; 1983, 1000; 1987, 2079)

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-482.html