RE: 45RFE questions?

From: Al & Jeanna Figols (ALJF@mhonline.net)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 07:14:09 EDT

I believe the difference in the maintenance schedule for the 45RFE
between '00 and '01 is due to the type of fluid used. In '00 the 45RFE
came with and calls for ATF+3 and in '01 the 45RFE comes with and calls
for ATF+4. The ATF+4 fluid can be used in any Chrysler product that
accepts ATF+3. From what I understand, the new ATF+4 is simply a longer
life fluid, much like the new GM tranny fluid(Dextron 5?). I've always
changed my tranny fluid in all my cars every 30K miles regardless of
what the manual says and that has always seemed to work fine for me.
Al