Re: Re: Re: Changes for 2003 model

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 00:50:41 EDT

So sometime down the road the TCM can be reflashed or replaced with a new
TCM and I'll have a 5 speed tranny? That's sounds to simple:-( I guess time
will tell....

--
Don Mallett

-----Original Message----- Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:05:55 -0400 From: Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: DML: Re: Re: Changes for 2003 model

Actually, the trannies are physically identical. It's a different program in the TCM (Transmission Control Module) that makes it a 5-speed by using a new gear combo.

Mallett, Donald B wrote: >>>>>The 5-speed 545RFE automatic transmission replaces the 45RFE >>>> > transmission currently offered with the 4.7L Magnum V8. >>> > > Hmmmmmm.... I wonder if these two tranny will be swappable? >

- -- - -andy andylevy@yahoo.com Maintainer, DML FAQ - http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/ http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/ '99 CC 4x4 318 auto