Re: 440 Dak at WNY car show

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 15:07:50 EDT

Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:

: At 03:40 PM 6/24/02 +0000, you wrote:
:> I spend a few hours Saturday at a local car show - at the Niagra County
:>Fairgrounds in Lockport, NY. There was a nice looking Gen I Dak there
:>with a 440 stuffed into the engine bay, a fuel cell sunk into the bed
:>and a tubbed rear end with massive tires.

: What a clean looking truck and engine bay! It is a little hard to tell
: from the one, engine bay pic but was there much fabbing of the
: wheelwell needed? Were headers attached to engine?

  Hmmm, I don't recall about the fender well unfortunately. It did have
headers; they looked like TTIs, but I'm not sure which ones. One thing
I did notice was the steering system looked like it had some fabbing done
on it, but I am not real familiar with what the Gen I system looks like -
I believe they changed it in '91, so it might have been stock? The engine
is pretty deep in the truck - as you can see from the pic, its got an RPM
manifold on it and still has enough room for a 5" or so air cleaner - I
wish I had that much clearance in the cuda! :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'