Dad's Dak

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 20:44:45 EDT

I've had a Ram and I've got a Gen III Dak now. Hands down, my Dad's Gen II
is the easiest to mod up and go fast with. You just can't beat the light
weight as a starting point. And being a 95 in his case, you don't have the
OBDII crap to deal with.

95, Club Cab, 2wd, 5 speed, 318, 3.55 sure grip rear. I should just add his
truck to my sig or get him to join the list. We put an Intense Performance
14x3 filter and a 1995 Ram, 2wd, 360, 5 speed PCM on and it really made a
difference. Plus Red Line fluids in the tranny and differential. He was
happy. Last week, we really boosted the air flow.

We added an F&B 50mm throttle body on the intake side. On the exhaust side,
we added Gibson headers, Carsound cat, and Dynomax catback single exhaust.
We also replaced the rear leaf springs and installed ES9000 shocks all the
way around. He's got some serious grin factor now. The PCM hasn't had any
chance to remap itself and the thing is already a beast. I'm not even going
to try and race him with my 4.7 quad cab, he'll smoke me.

The next step is some appearance stuff. AAR R/T hood and AAR front bumper
with a Sir Michaels roll pan. He's going to repaint the truck. He's also
trying to decide on some new buckets. Viper seats would be nice if we could
get them at a good price. I hope I get to have as much fun when I retire as
he's having now.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92'sw/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single,
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II