Re: Changing Spark Plugs

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 15:43:21 EDT

The 96 and earlier trucks have a lot more room under the hood so I'm sure
they aren't as much of an issue as the 97+'s. I never thought about how much
garbage they hold around the plug until I'd been out playing in mud puddles
one day. If I didn't have the shields, I bet my mud collection would have
been 1/3 what I had with the shields in place. Plus, you can reach in with
your fingers to pick up the plug after unscrewing it if the rubber insert
for your socket has fallen out or loosened up with age.

John