OEM Parts Supplier

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 11:48:02 EDT

Hey, Ya'll,
      I just found a source for OEM parts that is outstanding. Many of you
probably already know about it but for those that don't, they are on the
web at www.dodge-parts.net. I was just browsing and saw cruise control as a
add on part. I drive 45+ miles one way to work on a daily basis and I would
loved to have had this on the truck when I bought it. Unfortunately, I did
not buy the truck new or I'd have gotten it with cruise control. The web
site only showed it for 2001/01 Daks, but I called the guy. He checked his
books and it is available out of the warehouse in Cleveland. The newer
trucks need to have a 2nd part order for the steering wheel and its about
$200. For my 98, the entire thing comes as one kit for about $160 and free
shipping. John at the parts desk told me the truck is pre-wired for it and
it should just plug right in. I will have to do some wire routing and a few
other things, but I was told if I follow the directions carefully and have
basic maintenance skills, it should be no problem. BTW, If anybody is
looking for factory fender flares, and you're willing to paint them, they
have a color called amber fire for $117.90, including free shipping and
mounting hardware. The only thing you may need for them is a pop rivet gun.
I'll get back to ya'll after I get back from my vacation in 2 weeks.
Hopefully I'll have the whole thing installed by then and can give you an
update.

Talk to ya later,

            Ray