Re: RE: Totaled (real long)

From: Paul Bullerman (hemi287@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 18:23:31 EDT

That brings me to my point; I totaled my 87 Dak 4x4 in 97 and I got 3500.00
for it. Salvage value was like around 2500.00. I couldnt believe it was
worth that much, the insurance company never asked what I paid for it, which
was 4800.00 in 1994.
What it comes down to is availability to get these parts aftermarket. The
Dak is only been around since 1986.5, and there arent many junked and/or
salvageable trucks out there. The only problem with mine was a bent
steering wheel (seatbelt did not lock up, I was still fine) and a bent frame
at the front cross member. Oh it rolled onto the pass. side and stayed
(thank God), so the metal on that side was trashed.
I, with the help of some friends, pushed the truck back over, added a quart
of ATF and drove it home!

thats my .02
Paul