Engine clatter yet again.

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 02:40:38 EDT

Ok,

Seems like the second I get my truck running even HALF decent I get some
weird ass noise I cant put my finger on... And I am really getting quite
frustrated...

The clatter I talk about is what I heard the first time my timing chain
was bad... And the second time... But I went ahead and put the timing
chain tensioner that's in the tsb. Now I am hearing the same type of
clatter, cept I cant picture it being my timing chain, with that
tensioner on there. I am really at a loss as to what the problem might
be... I suspect some serious engine damage.

I did notice however that that little pcv valve that sits on the left
valve cover is fluctuating at a rate so high, it makes it sound like the
thing has that noticable electrical buzz. Is that normal? I thought it
would open and close from time to time... But nothing quite like that.

Thanks
Wes