Re: Dropping the pan

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 15:50:00 EDT

I wish it was just a leaker. I just installed a new motor I built and am
having issues with it. I replaced one of the stock rods with a reman one.
I think that the spot where the wrist pin is pressed into the rod was worn a
bit, there for under higher rpms the wrist pin can mone in the rod. This
gives the motor a slight knock. So now I need to drop the pan, pull the
intake and head and drop in a new piston/rod assembly. I just cant catch a
break with this motor. On a side note it runs really strong other than the
noise from the pin...

-greg

>From: B1LLYW@aol.com
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Dropping the pan
>Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:38:39 EDT
>

>In a message dated 8/5/2002 9:37:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>dodgeboy93@hotmail.com writes:
>
><<anyone ever had to drop their oil pan with the motor in the truck? Its a
>93
>v6 in a 96 dakota. Looks real tight in there.
>
>-greg>>
>
>I've done it in Ram(s) but not in Dakotas. Got a leaker?
>

>Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
>
>'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's, a few toys
>'80 D150, 4x2, SB, 400 big block, 727, 3.55 9.25 Sure Grip

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid