RE: replacement sparkplugs

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 01:08:38 EDT

(Snip)My wifes car (2K neon) is approaching the 30k mile mark, I am going to

replace the sparkplugs and wires, what brands should I consider and which
should I stay away from? Any tips that I should know about? The Neon is her
daily driver and I am looking to improve the fuel economy a bit.

Val Garcia
Houston, TX
2K2 3.9L V6 SXT
Graphite Metallic

Val,

I've been there and done that. I replaced the plugs in my wife's 2000 Neon
about 5 weeks ago. If I remember I used a very rear and even more so less
seldom talked about plug. It was what was suggested by Pep Boys. I was
trying to get Champions plugs but all they gave a choice of plugs ranging in
price from around $6+ each down to appox $1 each. I went with the Autolights
3923's. The cars runs fairly well with them. I got no complaints from her or
my son who also drives it.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/