Re: TSBs fixed for free?

From: SCalHOTROD@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 13:37:36 EDT

I think it depends on the nature of the bulletin. I have had things fixed for
free out of warranty, but it was always associated with a recall campaign as
well where the factory knows that a part (which could or does affect safety)
is defective.

If its just a poor design and the item(s) in question just break a lot or not
perform as spec'd, the TSB just makes the dealer/service guy/technician aware
of the situation so that they don't have to waste additional time (and your
money) on trying to diagnose the problem.

In theory they should follow the recommendation of the TSB and charge you for
the parts and the minimum labor involved.

Chris