Re: PCV valve buzz, should I be worried?

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 18:14:07 EDT

Ok, I replaced it, and it was like 2.49 or something... anyway... yeah,
still does it... and heres what I've noticed...
if I pull the pcv valve, and hold my hand over the valve cover, I notice
nothing out of the ordinary, however the pcv valve stil vibrates the same
way when when the hose is coverd and run to my intake manifold... I pull the
pcv from the hose that goes to the intake maniforld and put my hand over
that... and I notice it seems to pull fairly consisten vacuum and nearly
causes my truck to die.

does that mean my truck is backfiring a lot and cuasing the pcv valve to
close? Or could there be a vaccuum leak somewhere in the intake?

Thanks
Wes