RE: Bearings, we don't need no stinking bearings...

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 08:44:59 EDT

I have a an '01 QC but it's not a 4x4. I just, in the last two weeks,
had both hub and bearing sets replaced under warranty. Horrible front
end noise and vibration. Funny thing about this is it took 7 trips to
the dealer for them to figure it out. I went to the first dealer 5 times
and the second dealer twice. The second one pulled the wheel and found
them to be bad but when I got the truck back there was still a noise. I
took it back and that's when they found the other side bad also. The
service manager said it is a common problem that they keep complaining
about to be fixed. The first dealer either couldn't find the problem
(funny it was kinda loud) or blamed it on my tires (which again is funny
since I had them rotated and balanced between trips and when they still
couldn't figure it out so they blamed the tires again I put new ones on
all the way around and they still said it was my tires). Anyway, it
seems to be a thing with the trucks.

Jeff Durling
Systems Administrator
(954) 741-9742