Re: rough start an slight knock an ping

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 14:23:12 EDT

With the slightly long crank time, I found that I just have to turn the key
to On for a few seconds before starting, as this lets the fuel pump
pressurize the system fully. However, that's usually only when I start it
up for the first time in the morning, so if yours always takes a while, I'm
not sure.

<Quadcrazed4by4@cs.com> wrote in message news:a2.29bd52b3.2a81c584@cs.com...

> hey all im hoppin i can find an easy solution t othese delemas .. my
318
> takes a couple sec's to turn over when the motor is coldim also having a
> slight knock an ping at high rpm....things ive done so far ive put in nea
> autolite plugs the wires cap an rotor are also new ..(but i still dont
count
> them out if they are an idea of one of you guys ) ive also put in a 180
> t-stat (temp stays right where its supposed to ) an i run 93 octane gas ..
so