Dak in the Movies...

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 14:32:04 EDT

I just purchased the mountain bike trials DVD "Contact," and popped it into
my player. I'm watching away, it's a really good film, some absolutely
amazing stuff the guys in the movie can do with a bicycle. Anyway, being an
"action sports film," there are all sorts of blurry, fast shots interspersed
between tricks.

One of these shots was of traffic passing by, and everything was quite
close-up and unintelligible, except for a wheel on one of the vehicles. It
looked surprisingly like the mags on my truck! I rewound to the shot, and
went frame-by-frame through it. Lo and behold, there was a blue, Gen II
Dak! It was basically my truck's twin, right down to the wheels.