Re: abs light

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 17:42:40 EDT

Yes, it's different. For '97s, the speed pickup for the computer was on
the transmission output shaft. For '98 and up, it's on the rear diff
(follows the ring gear). This could be confusing your '98 computer -
under what circumstances did a '97 axle get stuffed under your '98?

Even with the speed sensor on the transmission on the '97, I would
imagine there's still an axle sensor somewhere for ABS. I can't find my
Haynes manual so I can't get into more detail.