BM-150 electric fan NOT working / HELP!

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 21:57:18 EDT

alright. I got the bright idea after the fan was working just fine to take
it out, polish the brackets (I'm in a polishing mood) and remount it up side
down so that the wiring is at the bottom (cleaner)...I never messed with the
way I had it wired just unplugged it and flipped the fan. now the thing
won't work. I've check all the wires and everything is peachy king. I even
put the switched power wire to the manual port and it just clicks once like
it's a bad relay. I put it back where it belongs and let the truck run to
operating temperature and it never turned on.

So my question is do you think the dumb thing can tell it it's upside down
and doesn't like it or do you think the fan is bad (it's only three weeks
old and one week I never even drove it). It says at the top of the
instructions that it can me mounted either vertically or horizontally. Here
is the link to the instructions online.
http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/instructions/150.pdf

Tim Althoff
99 SY 3.9 5-Speed 'Customized' RC Dakota
http://www.yllwdkta.com