Re:Monte Carlo SS Kill

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 11:16:48 EDT

Good kill Canuck!

5 speeds rule! (even leaky ones) ;)

George

From: "Canucker Trucker" <mal5@ualberta.net>
Well ... just to add to the kill list:

my buddy has a 2000 Monte Carlo SS with 40000 km on it (3.8L V6 with K&N and
gutted airbox). We went head to head off a light and here's how it turned
out:
he got a jump on me (about 1 car length) cause it was really bumpy
intersection and he has traction control and I spun a bit. Then, once I was
in 2nd gear and too the mat, I kept pulling up on him, by the time I was
ready to shift, we were side by side. ... into3rd gear and I was gone ...
see yah!

ahhh ... that felt nice, especially after he was 100% convinced he would
kill me.

Also, we each had a passenger, I had a full (just filled) tank of gas, he
was on empty (just drove 300km from Edmonton to Calgary), and we were both
loaded with camping gear (my box was full of coolers and $hit, his trunk was
full, but I'm sure I had more cargo).

heh heh ... he wasn't very happy

- --
Canuck