My new 2002 (aka Ok, I'm a wuss :)

From: Brian Gonzales (gonzales@thuntek.net)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 23:35:34 EDT

Got a new QuadCab SLT, 4x4, 4.7L this past Wednesday. After my '98 was
wrecked several weeks ago, I figured I'd buy another Dakota (85%
chance), get either a Ram, Ford or Chevy (10% chance) or an import (5%).
I was also 90% sure I'd get a used truck instead of new (I despise new
car salesmen). So what happens? I wuss out and test drive a new truck at
the local dealer.

While looking at ClubCabs, the salesweenie directs me to the Quads. Me:
"Nah. too expensive...", Weenie: "I just happen to have the keys to this
fine 2002 Dodge Dakota QuadCab in my pale pudgy hands." Me: "Sure, I'm a
dumbass, I'll take the bait." Weenie: "I knew you would, and I'll also
convince you to get the 7/70 service too." Me: "I know."

The Quads were exquisite! They had 8 trucks with my name on them (I
could care less what color they were, so long as they're not Black). I
test drove one and told the weenie, "Nice, I'll sleep on it and call you
in a few days." Weenie: "No, you'll call me at 7am begging me for
another test drive." (I called two days later.)

The 4.7L seems to be quite a bit peppier than my '98 5.2L, and the Quad
easily sits 5 normal sized people as opposed to the old ClubCab which
sat maybe 3. The turning radius is a little better than the QE2, but
pfft who needs quick turns? The Infinity speakers rock and the CD player
even plays my home-burned CD-Rs (amazing!). Nit #1: The oil dipstick's
in the back (I think), whereas my 5.2 was in the front (No biggie as I'm
6'2", but still.). Nit #2: the Goodyears (I'm a BFG Guy), but at least
they don't have those weird 'seams' that cheap OEM tires always seem to
have. My favorite thing so far: The auto dimming rearview mirror is an
excellent addition. Who ever invented that deserves a beer. Lol, I must
be getting old if an auto dimming mirror is 1st on my list. All joking
aside, this vehicle just raises my standards from my old Dakota.

Well, that's the short of it; I'll post some photos when it's dirty. I
guess I'm still DML listworthy. :)