Re: Construction in SE PA?

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 22:30:03 EDT

> I'm driving down on Thursday. Not sure when I'll hit NJ yet, depends on
> a lot of factors. Are you saying I should avoid 287 as well? What
> route would you recommend to do that? 78 all the way to the GSP sends
> me quite a ways in the wrong direction - about 13 miles longer than
> taking 78 to 287 to the GSP when all is said and done.

If it is going to be during rushhour then head right for the Parkway,
you will be sitting in a massive traffic jam on I287 trying to reach the
Parkway. The traffic for the 1&9 bridge is pretty bad at times(it is the
free route over the Raritan River/Bay). Also 287 backs up when it
crosses Rt22. At least on 78 you can for the most part fly down to the
Parkway(when you get to the Parkway..well um..sometimes it's wide open,
sometimes it's packed) even during rushhour.

--
Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES