RE: 14x3 Air Filter On A Durango

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 09:18:23 EDT

Bill, I think if you use an edlebrock drop base 14" air cleaner with a
spacer underneath it you'll be alright. I would recommend getting a cone
filter setup to get the airflow coming in up by the grill. A lot of
people like the k&n but it's pricy. You might need to look around.
You'll get the most out of that setup with a cat-back attached to it.
But then again the r/t should already have a good flowing exhaust. If
anything a change of mufflers might help if the factory one isn't
straight through. I would recommend spend the extra money and using a
stainless one to match the exhaust so it won't rot out. Especially with
the slt they use in the winters up there.

Jeff Durling
Systems Administrator
(954) 741-9742
jdurling@wdci-telecom.com