Re: Anyone Near Staunton, VA? (late reply)

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 19:22:30 EDT

Hey Rich! Just got back from vacation at the Outer
Banks,NC. Went through Staunton once on the way
down,and once coming back. Am I the only person who
can`t drive through this town?! Wow. It`s not that
big of a place,but whoever put the road signs up has
some serious drug-related issues. One universal rule
of road signage is: Once a sign tells you to take a
certain road,you stay on that road until you see
another sign that tells you to change course again.
That principle does not work in Staunton. Not at all.
I was coming out of the mountains on Route 250
(eastbound),and once I hit town,I CLOSELY watched for
signs,and there was one sign indicating a left turn to
stay on 250. That took me into a residential area and
an intersection,where I had the choice of right or
left only (no RT.250 sign). Turned right,and that put
me on RT. 11 headed out of town. WRONG choice!! Turned
around and drove back into town,and found a RT 250
turn-off sign on the opposite side of the road,which
would not have helped me unless I had been looking in
my rear-view mirror driving through town.
WELL,ANYWAY.........that happened on the way down last
week. Coming back through early this morning,we
stopped at Staunton for breakfast. Oh,HUGE mistake in
judgement! The sign promised restaurants,and I did see
a waffle house,but my hopes sank as we drove through
town WHERE THE SIGN SAID TO GO,and saw nothing but gas
stations. Kept going STRAIGHT,as one would assume to
do,and ended up at a school for the deaf and blind.
Turned around,and drove back,irritated at myself,and
we stopped at gas station for some good breakfast
food. MMMMMMMM!! So that`s my one beef with
Staunton,Va. Nice little town,but don`t trust the road
signs. There is no "follow-up signage". Steve P.
--- "Wisotzkey, Rich" <Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com>
wrote:

> I'm going to be down in Staunton, VA tomorrow. Just
> wondering if anyone is
> in the area.
> Rich - Ashburn, VA

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.