Re: Please help! '96 Dakota hood latch failure?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 23:47:31 EDT

I feel for ya man. I popped my '96 dak a couple of times when I had it doing
the same thing. The latch got caught on my beltloop. Worst time I got stuck
and couldn't get out. My wife was rolling on that one. Glad to hear it
wasn't worse though. As for the wiper assembly. There are tabs that stick
out on the arm right next to the base. You have to push these in and then
the whole arm can just be lifted off. They will be hard to push then all of
the sudden give and then you're in business. I would recommend using a
grease pencil or something non-permant the mark the very back of the arm and
the stalk it's on. This way you can put them back on in the correct position
and the wipers will not be messed up and hit the edges of the windshield. IT
is important to do this since teh stalks are grooved all of the way around
and you will not be able to tell where they wipers go. Been there done that.
I need to get my '96 back. Especially since I have a good chance of getting
rid of my '01 in the next few weeks. Unfortunantly it hasn't been the truck
that my '96 was. Anyway, good luck.......

Jeff Durling