Painted doors !

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 19:52:34 EDT

Yesterday I started hooking up my power rear quarter windows to the new
durango window switch. I had to cut the door panel hole larger for the
larger switch / bezel assy. What I ended up with was a a big gaping hole
around the switch bezel ! Needless to say I was not too pleased. I was
hoping at first to fill the gap with some poxy putty (which would also help
hole it in place) from the back and by using a black magic marker coloring
it black. Well that didn't look so kosher either. This morning I got the
bright idea to mold it into the door from the outside. After doing that,
there were no more holes/gaps and the bezel was not going anywhere. A friend
of mine was kidding around yesterday and said to paint it. Well I figured
what better way to make it look stock (again) then to cover the bezel and
putty with paint ! What I have ended up with now is nothing short of
amazing. I removed the armrest and latch assy from the door panel and taped
off the area I wanted to paint (of course I had allready sanded from the
putty eariler) and voila ! A nice looking door peice ! I have a moulded
aluminum dash cover so I painted the doors and the latch bezel silver via
duplicolor. If anyone wants to see pics, I have some of the during stages.
The final paint is still drying right now. I don't think I can attach them
to this thread. Sorry to be so long winded, but i'm pretty stoked.

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed